United Northern Sportsmen Club
I give my pledge as an American to save and faithfully to defend from waste the natural resources of my country- its air, soil, and minerals, its forests, waters, and wildlife.
Board Meeting – First Wednesday of every month – Everyone is welcome to attend any meeting.
Members Meeting – Second Wednesday of every month – Everyone is welcome to attend any meeting.
Rules for the United Northern Sportsmen Club Facilities
1. ALL UNS
MEMBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENFORCEMENT OF ALL UNS RULES.
2. Every person using the facilities must be a member of UNS. Any person under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult or be a member himself. (Guest Day Passes are available for $5.00 per day from camp- host or in drop box located in back door of Retreat building. Day pass users MUST be accompanied by a current, sponsoring member who will be held responsible for their day guest. Day passes are NOT ALLOWED for OVERNIGHT USE other than in sponsoring member’s sleeping unit.) Proof of membership must be rendered if asked to do so.
** It is the responsibility of the member to make sure their guests pay for their day pass or invite your non
member friends or relatives to join the club – which also can be paid to camp host or in drop box.
3. Domesticated animals must be leashed at all times. Owner is responsible for animal’s behavior
and clean up. Retriever dogs must be leashed when not in water.
4. Remove all personal property and trash when leaving. Take it home with you.
5. Minors must not be left unattended on UNS property.
6. Shooting ranges are open to ˝ hr. before sunset. Shooting will not be allowed during any special event to include but not limited to Club meetings, Club picnic, fishing contests, Memorial Day weekend, 4th of July weekend, and Labor Day weekend.
7. All camping sites are for temporary recreation only. Use of a principle abode or any other permanent – type use must have prior authorization of the board of directors.
8. Quiet time is Keep noise at a reasonable level, including vehicle motors, radios, generators, etc. Be courteous to your fellow members.
9. Except for electric-powered vehicles for the handicapped, no use of personal motorized vehicles is allowed on UNS property. This includes 3 and 4 wheel ATV’s, motor scooters, motorbikes, snow-mobiles, and motorcycles (except for transportation to and from UNS).
10. No raw sewage dumping in outhouses or on UNS property. No garbage of any kind in outhouses. No Food or Drinks allowed in outhouses.
11. Campers must register immediately upon arrival. Campsites are on a first come, first served basis. Campground stay is limited to 14 nights per season per membership without prior UNS board approval.
12. There are 4 sites on the lakeside first come, first served not to interfere with picnickers. It is the first member there who has the site and he may or may not allow use by another member on the second spot in his site. Maximum of only two sleeping units per site each centered on one railroad tie and perpendicular to the lake.
13. Camp fires only in fire rings, stoves, grills or fireplaces. (You are responsible for keeping your fire under control.) Be sure your fire is completely out before leaving.
14. Do not move fire rings or any other equipment. Do not leave garbage in fire rings or grills. (Take it home). Aluminum cans may be recycled at the Line Shack building next to the Retreat. State Fire regulations apply.
15. “No berthing” at main dock. No swimming in the main dock launch area.
16. No personal property may be left unattended on UNS property for more than 24 hours.
17. Use only designated driveway approaches on county HWY #4 for ingress and egress to UNS.
18. No fireworks are permitted at any time.
19. Read and obey special rules listed on each of the ranges.
Additional rules may be posted at the
Rules violation may result in UNS board actions, up to and including immediate loss of membership. Trespassers may be prosecuted.
Play by the rules or play elsewhere. (revised 08/07)